Sunday, October 27, 2013

Here We Go!

The preliminary court hearing was on Tuesday and we were cleared for travel on Friday morning! I was sitting in Panera working when my phone rang and I saw the name of our agency. Our worker asked if I was sitting down, because our court was scheduled for Friday, November 1 and we need to be in Ethiopia in 5 days. I have no idea what else she said...thankfully she followed up with an email!

Thom was in a meeting and could not answer my phone calls. I finally texted him a picture of an airplane and of a map of Africa. That got his attention!

I also texted my best friend, who happens to be in town, and asked her if she could stay longer than Monday. Bless her...she thought I had enjoyed spending time with her so much I wanted her to stay longer! We are thankful that the Lord already had "Aunt Ally" in town, as she had already offered to stay with the kids for one of our trips. We look forward to having Mimi and Papa while we are gone on the second trip.

I drove to Thom's office at the BCM and we started making travel plans. A big shout out to Adoption Airfare, as we had our tickets booked in less than an hour on our preferred travel days/times and at an amazing fare for 3 days notice.

We have been busy with last minute shots at the travel clinic, filling prescriptions, gathering donations, getting documents notarized and preparing our sweet children for our departure tomorrow (Monday). They are doing really well with our travel plans and are really excited about us moving forward in the adoption with court.

We are thankful for the generous donations of items for the transition home and orphanage. We plan to visit our children's orphanage and take some items to them. We will also distribute some of the much needed items to the transition home where Yosef and Genet currently live.

The Lord has been so gracious and generous through so many throughout this journey. Our hearts are full as we travel to meet Yosef and Genet. Pray for us and for them as we meet. Pray for our children at home while we are away.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, 
for his compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning;
23 
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23


No comments: