Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer camp

"And my God shall meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19).

This week I am at camp with Katie (and 200+ others) and this is our theme verse for the week. Being with 3rd, 4th, and 5th grader girls in a dorm brings a fresh perspective to "needs". For me, it means lots of patience, love, and a compassionate heart that comes from the Lord. God has given me this opportunity to guide and encourage a group of 4 girls and I have prayed for Him to give me all I need for the task. I am thankful for the ways He has challenged me to be kind to some, more patient with others, and to enjoy time with each of them, especially Katie. I am also grateful to have a few days to spend in worship, Bible study, and to reflect on the Lord's work and calling in my life. So thankful for God's provisions for all that I need!

(This is a trial posting from my phone...hopefully I can use it while in Africa!)

No comments: